Forescout Platform Review

Very good features, an easy initial setup, with a recently improved licensing model

What is our primary use case?

In both the environment I have used CounterACT to permit guests access and recognize automatically domain/white list members

How has it helped my organization?

It permit to treats the access policy without lists of macaddresses but by mean a dynamic policy

it permits to discover and classify a lot of devices that the organization forgets to have to manage

What is most valuable?

The last two or three versions that have been released on CounterACT Forescout have allowed for the possibility to search for any kind of device. Before that, I could only search for guest domain users.

What needs improvement?

For the user, the policy that they have implemented sometimes needs adjustments. Sometimes the features that the customer asks for aren't involved in the main installation, and I need to bolt an add-on in. However, I never know if this policy is the right one when I do this.

I've been using the solution for five years.

It is a very good product.

Very good policy has been released with the for device licenses that permit to "paint" the better solution using virtual appliances.

It has very good support, it is very easy to contact the country post-selling engineer.

The initial setup is very, very simple. It's more complex to tune the product in the company environment and usually, that requires two days. I need a few days to tune the product correctly. I do also need to do a lot of tests during the initial implementation.

We implemented together vendor team.

I have noticed that in the last year the license model has changed from licensing the whole appliance to licensing the number of devices. It's more simple for a large installation, or a user to have CounterACT as their peripheral site in the company. It's a good choice to have changed the license policy.

no, I have used only forescout and I haven't need to use anything else

What other advice do I have?

I have installed the solution for two customers. For one, I have used the CounterACT CT 1000. In another environment, I did a more complex installation and I have used the appliances and management in a tray.

Forescout is a very good company that delivers very good features. I love it. I'd rate it nine out of ten.

Other