Forescout Platform Review

Provides visibility into the workings of our routers and switches

What is our primary use case?

My company is in the financial services industry. The primary use case is Network Access Control and control endpoint access to network. The environment is used to process sensitive data. We want to ensure that rogue devices and unauthorized devices are unable to join the network. This will reduce our exposure to attacks.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped with improving our security posture in terms of controlling the access of rogue devices into our network through identification. We have been able to prevent rogue device activities on the network, check the health of the system, and ensure remediation.

It has provided visibility into the workings of our routers and switches. We also extended this capability to our branch offices through a WAN connection.

What is most valuable?

Access control: Being able to set policies that determine how devices join our network and how they are expected to behave while on the network. The fact that we are able to access the hygiene of our endpoint and monitor it continuously makes it fit for purpose.

What needs improvement?

I would advise Forescout through their research and development to look for features that they can add. Also, based on the what other competition may be selling, if they find any useful feature, they should add those to their product.

The last three months.

It is stable and reliable.

It is a good product that is fit for purpose.

Fantastic

The initial setup is a bit complex.

Not applicable.

The setup cost, pricing, and licensing are on the high side.

No. I heard of Forescout, then went ahead and bought it.

More Forescout Platform reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Forescout Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.