Fortinet FortiWAN [EOL] Review

Simple to use and the optimization is good, but better regional support is needed

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and FortiWAN is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is optimization. It is very good compared to other products.

It is very simple to use.

What needs improvement?

More needs to be done with engineering frameworks, such as aggregation.

When we add a lot of rules, perhaps 100,000 to 200,000, the bootup process is very slow.

Technical support has room for improvement.

Having more documentation would be helpful.

I have a lot of experience with Fortinet products and I have been working with FortiWAN for about six months.

It is a stable product, although they do have to resolve some known issues.

This is a solution that has to be scalable, and it is. We have a team of between 10 and 12 members working on it. My role in the team is as an architect.

I would rate the Fortinet technical support a seven or eight out of ten. This would be improved with better regional support.

FortiWAN is the first product that we have used for WAN load balancing, and we are happy with it.

The installation and initial setup are very easy. We completed our deployment within eight hours.

I am part of the implementation team and we deploy this solution for our clients.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this product is to complete a proof of concept so that you are comfortable with the use cases.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

200B 5.2.1
More Fortinet FortiWAN [EOL] reviews from users
...who compared it with WAAS
Find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, Citrix, Riverbed and others in WAN Optimization. Updated: June 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.