Google Chrome Enterprise Review

Plenty of extensions, useful multiple device account sharing, but heavy on resources

What is our primary use case?

Whenever we want to test one of our products, we are using this solution. When we have a new feature or changes, we test it on the browser. It comes with many extensions and we use it on a daily basis to do all our tests.

What is most valuable?

This solution is user-friendly with security features detecting if there is suspicious activity on the browser. There is a lot of extensions we can use to provide us with good coverage.

Your account can be shared with multiple devices to allow you access to all of your saved data, this is useful if you move from one device to another.

What needs improvement?

The performance could improve because it uses many computer resources. If you are low on resources, such as RAM, it can cause some slowness in the computer. However, this does not happen all the time and I think if you have the proper allocated amount of RAM it would work smoothly.

In an upcoming release, the enhanced troubleshooting feature needs to improve to be able to identify the issues for the use case and for the user experience.

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

If we want to expand how many users are using the solution it scales to our needs. If you want a larger team there would be no problems scaling up.

We currently have approximately 200 users using this solution.

There is a vast amount of documentation and help material online from Google to support our needs.

The installation is straightforward.

We are on a monthly subscription for this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend this solution for any enterprise that is looking to use this tool for their workspace. Google is a well-known enterprise and this solution includes many features which are scalable for remote work.

I rate Google Chrome Enterprise a seven out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Google, Microsoft, Red Hat and others in Operating Systems (OS) for Business. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.