Grasshopper Review

Gives A Blank Canvas In Order To Create, Automate, And Solve Complex 2D And 3D Tasks

What is most valuable?

The product gives you a blank canvas in order to create, automate, and solve complex 2D and 3D tasks.

What needs improvement?

Interoperability with other programs and inability to file share and collaborate within a team or office.

Three to four years.

The program can crash when solving complex tasks, however overall it is quite stable.

Yes. Often scripts can become very large and as a result slow, however we have developed our own workflow and plugin to solve this issue (Elefront).

Support comes via the Grasshopper website and forum, which is often a good source of information with quick responses to questions that you might have.

Not really, most people start with basic scripting then move on to Grasshopper, the advantage of GH is the visual aspect of being able to see what you're scripting.

Very simple.

It's free. So keep it going that way!

Not really much competition.

What other advice do I have?

I highly recommend! Needs a good level of training to get going, but once you have the knowledge, it is a highly valuable skill/asset.