HPE Cloud Object Storage Review

Simplifies our processes and environment and helps with costs and scaling because we don't need hardware and scale on demand

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to store our data objects on the private cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved my organization because we do not need to invest in additional hardware.

What is most valuable?

We have an agreement with HPE where they take care of and host some of our data which simplifies our processes and environment. This product helps with costs and scaling because we don't need hardware and scale on demand.

The most valuable thing is that they host our data.

What needs improvement?

The biggest disadvantage to this product is the technical support and pricing. Both of these could be better.

There are no real features to be added that I can think of as it is already high-powered relative to other technology I have used. Maybe the product design could be enhanced and I can't get local technical support from the company. These are not really features of the product.

As far as improvements in the product itself, it would be good to upgrade the speed and performance to improve the data access time. Also, we would like to see better security added to protect the data and access from hackers. These are not missing features that need to be added, it is only that existing features could be enhanced to make the product better.

This is a solution we have been using for ten years

The product is usually stable. We had a minor problem one time where the product was not responding well. It did not properly save the work and did not keep the data available and running all the time. It was not a big problem and it was isolated.

The product is scalable but you have to pay more when you scale.

We don't have to use technical support much as HPE hosts our data, but we have active support with HPE and within the company. The support is not available when we need it so it is not perfect in helping with problems we have, but they do respond.

The HPE company stores our data. There was not much to implement.

We dealt directly with the company to contract services.

Though I said in other parts of the review that the price could be lower, the product is already in the middle when it comes to pricing, so it is not expensive or cheap. As a cloud option, you pay for what you use.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good product and I recommend it to other people and organizations who are exploring it as an option. All the other organizations seem to me to be using HPE in their companies and there must be a good reason for that.

On a scale from one to ten, when one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate HPE Cloud Storage as a nine. It's practically totally perfect for what it is supposed to do and current technology.