HPE NonStop Review

Provides system availability and fault-tolerance. I would like see the ability to port other applications in a plug-and-play manner.

What is most valuable?

• Fault-Tolerance
  • Availability
  • Performance

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us to keep the business running 24/7. Our client is a bank and we need to run the show continuously. Availability is the key factor along with fault-tolerance. The system/application should be fault proof to withstand software/hardware failures and run 24/7 without downtime. Along with this performance, the current market situation demands that customers are not kept waiting.

These factors are pretty important for me while making a decision or designing the architecture.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better scalability. I would like see them make it easier to port other applications in a plug-and-play manner.

I have used it for eleven years.

There have been no stability issues. These are the most stable servers in the fault-tolerance space.

There were some scalability issues. When we decided to migrate an application or port application, the limitations of these servers didn't help us.

I would give technical support a rating of 8/10.

HPE NonStop is expensive now. However, with a new solution of HPE NonStop on Xeon Processors and vNonStop, I am sure that the cost will come down drastically.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implementation Partner, Support