IBM Tivoli Access Manager [EOL] Review

We're able to generate user accounts much quicker than before but cross-domain authentication needs improvement.

Valuable Features

• Password management
  • Single sign on
  • Provisioning and de-provisioning of account
  • Unified Directory Server

Improvements to My Organization

Before solution implemented it took around 2-3 weeks to get all the necessary account information for a new employee in my organization. Since implementation, this now only takes a few minutes. As soon as HR submit all their data the user account is generated and the user gets their username and password.

Also, we have many applications and before SSO the users had to remember all the different passwords. We have many legacy applications and they had different password policies that were not always as strong as they should be. Now, however, we have one password for all the applications, and one password policy.

Room for Improvement

Cross-domain authentication.

Use of Solution

Approximately 7 years.

Yes - we face a few issues, related to our configurations and networking.

7/10

8/10

No previous solution used.

It was complex for us as we have multiple domains.

Implementation Team

We used a vendor and I would rate them 7/10.

ROI

The solution has smoothened the process of account provisioning and therefore our employees is productive from day one.

Other Solutions Considered

We looked at Oracle and a Microsoft solution with IDM.

Other Advice

Try to get the maximum of using standard functionality of the product, and only do customization if you really need it.

1 visitor found this review helpful