IBM Watson for Cyber Security Review

A stable product that is easy to set up, and the technical support is good

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

Our client for this solution is a large telco.

What is most valuable?

This solution integrates well with IBM products.

What needs improvement?

They need to continue to build the AI capabilities.

The pricing could be lower.

I have only just started working with this product recently, but more generally, I have been working with IBM products since 2006.

IBM Watson for Cyber Security is very stable.

This is definitely a scalable solution. Our clients are enterprise-level companies.

The technical support from IBM is very good. We join in and consult, where needed.

I have not worked with other similar solutions. I have only used IBM security products.

The initial setup is straightforward. I think that it is pretty easy, as long as you know what you're doing.

The price of this solution should be lower, although I understand why IBM charges a premium price. With IBM products, you expect to pay that.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to make sure that they understand what they're getting. It is a premium product and it is going to be expensive, so they have to be sure to make full use of it.

From what I have seen so far, this is an excellent product. That said, there is always room for improvement.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Splunk, Micro Focus and others in Security Information and Event Management (SIEM). Updated: September 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.