IBM Watson for Cyber Security Review

An innovative and stable product that is well maintained and always up-to-date

What is our primary use case?

I am a solution architect and IBM Watson is one of the products that I have experience with. We are in the telecom industry and we implement this product for our customers.

Our customers use IBM Watson as part of their security solution. Some of them implement it as a preventative measure, whereas others only choose to purchase it once they have had a problem. It varies from customer to customer, depending on what sort of budget they have.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this product is innovation, where the research and upgrading of technology never ends. That is one of the things that I really like about IBM. They continue to dedicate resources to keep pace with the massive leaps in technology.

What needs improvement?

This is an expensive product, so making it more cost-effective would be an improvement. As it is now, it is larger companies that implement it.

We have been using IBM Watson for at least ten years.

We have had no issues in terms of stability.

The scalability is incredible.

I have not personally been in contact with technical support, although I'm sure that our in-house team has been in contact with them.

The initial setup is straightforward for anybody who works in the industry.

The length of time required for deployment depends on exactly what is being rolled out. If it's properly managed then the process will take a couple of weeks.

We have an in-house team for deployment and maintenance.

I believe we have eight engineers who work with this product.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering IBM Watson for Cyber Security is to research it properly and make sure that it's a product that you need because it's expensive. Engage with the IBM team early so that they can help you scope the best possible product, and get as much help as possible.

This is definitely a product I recommend. IBM is normally one step ahead and they come out with better features before I can even think of them. The only problem is that this product is expensive for customers who are just starting out.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.