INFINIDAT InfiniBox Review

It allowed quick implementation of the cross-site replica for disaster recovery.

What is most valuable?

Its ease of use, smooth integration into the existing environment, quick and easy management, the number of other features available such as snaps, remote replica, etc are valuable features. Mostly, their support is also great at reacting to issues but moreover, proactive to prevent issues.

How has it helped my organization?

A quick training of our collaborators allowed them to manage the basic functions and spread the management workload between different people.

What needs improvement?

InfiniBox needs sync replica. InfiniBox, right now, offers only asynchronous replication between two storages. Many environments do require sync replica between storages. Right now, INFINIDAT offers tools from IBM SAN Volume Controller (SVC) to fill this gap. Hopefully, INFINIDAT will offer this feature natively soon.

I have used this solution for around six months.

We were running a buggy code and their support monitored our boxes to prevent the impacts; they quickly upgrading them as soon as the fix was available. They detected the possible bug and warned us, without any action from our side.

The solution isn’t scalable by itself. It’s a self-contained storage solution, i.e., if you need more space, buy another box. :-)

I would give the technical support a 10/10 rating.

We have at least three different storage solutions from IBM, EMC and NetApp. INFINIDAT promised better performances and maintained that promise at a lower price point.

The setup is pretty straightforward. INFINIDAT has other trusted third-parties who take care of gathering the details before installation, check the environment and install the system. All I have to do is plug the cables and start managing the storage.

Licensing is pretty straightforward. The license covers any feature and also, the future features are already included. It is as easy as a 1, 2 and 3.

We constantly scout options. The other candidates were IBM, EMC and iXsystems.

What other advice do I have?

Right now, I’m pretty happy and I would definitely suggest this solution to others.

2 visitors found this review helpful
3 Comments
Drew SchlusselVendor

Drew from INFINIDAT here - the latest update to the system OE (called "R4") now support Sync Replication as well as Async Replication for NAS filesystems, Quality of Service policies, and NAS Directory Quotas (TreeQ). Check it out - www.infinidat.com

17 November 17
GregNewmanUser

How far away is native CIFS/NTLM support on Infinidat for fileshares?

17 January 19
Drew SchlusselVendor

Support for CIFS is something we'd be happy to give you an update on 1:1
Feel free to contact me directly or through our website

18 January 19