Infor d/EPM Review

It was useful for consolidating data from subsidiaries. I found it buggy, clunky, and very stiff.

What is most valuable?

• Write-back functionality: This allows us to adjust calculated figures and be updated by the user through a report.
  • Import Master: A useful ETL tool. (It's better than nothing and it was necessary to access Infor OLAP cubes.)

How has it helped my organization?

I joined this company a year ago and Infor PM was already here. It was useful for consolidating data from subsidiaries and having global reports.

What needs improvement?

There is plenty of room for improvement: Mainly ease of implement, configuration, and use. For our business, I don’t think it was the best.

I likely would have come to a different conclusion with a better implementation. However, I found it buggy, clunky, and very stiff.

A business is dynamic and the systems should be capable of changing accordingly. For a minor change, you should not have to rebuild, reconfigure, and reload everything.

I've used this solution for one year.

There were no stability issues.

There were scalability issues. The cubes are limited and when working with millions of rows, it does not work all the time.

I literally gave up using their support due to their slow response. The business cannot wait weeks to fix an issue/report.

We did not use a solution previous to this one. Infor PM was implemented here for years before I joined. We switched from Infor to Tableau. We still use Infor PM for write-back functionality.

I don’t know how the initial setup was, but it was definitely very poorly implemented with no automation.

Don’t go for it because it is cheaper! The bitterness of poor quality remains, long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

I evaluated and chose other options as a replacement for Infor PM: These included QlikView, SAP BO, Board, Birst, Sisense, and Tableau. We chose Tableau.

What other advice do I have?

They have inexpensive licenses, but it costs much more to implement and maintain. It has a very small community, a lack of available, resources, and we struggled to find support.

Hope this will help others to think more before going for a BI system.