Juniper Enterprise Routers Review

Flexible with good stability and good performance

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution primarily with all of our customers. I work for a Telecommunication provider, and therefore we have a lot of customers that we support. We implement this product according to our customer's requirements.

What is most valuable?

It's a good product.

What needs improvement?

The solution should be a little bit better at VPN items. It should be improved for end users.

The solution needs to offer SDN features.

The solution needs to figure out how to integrate the cloud in the future.

I've been using the solution for five or six years now. It's been a while.

The solution is quite stable. We've found it to be very good. There aren't bugs, glitches, or crashes.

The solution is scalable. It's very flexible. It's worked well for us over the years.

The amount of users varies from customer to customer. Their sizes vary from ten locations to more than one thousand. Each client is unique and has different scaling needs.

We've been in touch with technical support over the years. We're very happy with their level of support. I always talk directly to them or I send emails via the collection site platform. They've been great.

We use both Juniper and Cisco switches.

The initial setup is not too complex. It's actually pretty straightforward. However, the level of difficulty of the implementation depends on the complexity of the customer. Deployment could take anywhere from a week to two weeks depending on the client's requirements and their company's own complexity levels.

I'm from the technical department, so I don't handle billing or licensing. I wouldn't know what the exact costs are for the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure which version of the solution we are using.

It's not that I don't like the product, but I prefer the SDN solutions. It's a good product. My personal preference is for direct, however.

Juniper solutions are very flexible and very good. They offer very good performance. I have no problems with them. I'd feel comfortable recommending the solution. Other companies should try it out.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More Juniper Enterprise Routers reviews from users