Juniper SRX Review

User friendly with pretty good GUI and easy troubleshooting capabilities

What is most valuable?

The GUI of the solution is quite good. It's also very different from other solutions. On others, if you need to configure anything, you can do it all from the default gateway. Cisco, for example, has a bit of a more difficult process. Juniper's GUI is easier and it makes configuration easier.

Troubleshooting with the solution is quite easy. If you compare the process to, for example, Fortigate, Juniper is much easier.

The speed of the solution is very good.

The initial setup is very easy.

What needs improvement?

While the GUI is pretty good on the Juniper side, there can still be tweaks made to it that will make it even better.

I've been using the solution for two years or so.

The stability has been good so far. We haven't had issues with bugs or glitches. It's not a solution that crashes a lot of freezes up. We find it very reliable.

The scalability potential depends on the customer. Some customers are working only on the edge with smaller systems and the other environment is connected to Cisco switches. Some clients mix up switches and use HP or Cisco. Some like ASA, however, that's more expensive. Many go with SRX as an affordable option.

I have reached out to Juniper tech support a couple of times. I recall the experience being good. I got the answers I needed. I've used technical support from Sophos and Cisco in the past, and in comparison, I find Juniper to be quite good. I'd say we are satisfied with the level of support provided.

I've used Cisco and Fortigate solutions, among others, in the past as well. I find Juniper easier to use from a GUI aspect. Cisco is better from a CLI perspective.

We did not find the initial setup to be complex. The implementation was straightforward and simple. It didn't really give us any trouble.

The pricing of the product is pretty good. It's less than Cisco, which can be expensive for some organizations.

What other advice do I have?

Our client is a medium, small branch company. When they purchased this firewall, they understood that they could use it for a couple of years.

I have a client that works with Juniper 4200 and 4300 and they find the solution to be very user-friendly.

Overall, I would recommend the solution as it is easy to use and has a pretty good GUI. Customers really seem to like it.

In general, on a scale from one to ten, I would rate it at an eight.

6.2
More Juniper SRX reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Juniper SRX. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.