Juniper SRX Review

It protects the data behind our switches

What is our primary use case?

We use it as a perimeter firewall, data center firewall, and as VPN concentrators for some companies. It protects the data behind our switches. Our company provides the switches, like the EX-Series.

We are an elite partners for Juniper. We use the firewall for data protection.

How has it helped my organization?

It has a high security implementation.

What is most valuable?

It integrates well with Fortinet and Palo Alto.

It uses many applications, like antivirus blocking and web filtering. Also, defining routing on it is very easy along with netting. The high availability of the application is good. We use the IDS and IPsec VPN features.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see endpoint control and endpoint testing security.

The GUI needs to be easier to handle.

Less than one year.

The stability is good.

The scalability is good.

When we face problems, it is a firmware or software update. We call Juniper for support and they have a very good team for technical support. They help us a lot, then we will find the solution in the upgraded version of software of unit.

I think there was a problem before I came to the company with Cisco and their firewall, so they decided to switch to Juniper.

It is more complex than other vendors, but we have gotten used to it. So, we find it easy to implement and deploy.

It has a low price.

We are also using Fortinet and have a partnership with Palo Alto. In addition, we are looking into a partnership with Citrix.

Cisco and FortiGate were on original shortlist.

What other advice do I have?

They can use the Juniper SRX as a data center firewall. Juniper needs to focus more on their perimeter firewalls.

Our most important criteria is to look for 24-hour support, prices, partnerships, and what they offer to partners. Also, we want to know if the product can function with Juniper.