Juniper SRX Review

Good stability, routing and firewall features

What is most valuable?

I like the routing and firewall features.

What needs improvement?

The workplace management console needs improvement. It should be a little bit more developed. Also, the interface needs a bit more improvement.

If the solution would have an intuitive interface would be much better because the work-based interface is not so perfectly developed and it's not ideal. It's not complete yet, and it makes it difficult for beginners and first-time users of this solution. As it is, for new users, it would make it very difficult for them to deploy this solution. Otherwise, the rest is fine. There's no other problem with it.

I've been using the solution for four years.

In terms of stability, everything was okay except for one situation which happened about three years ago. There was an upgrade which was released. Once we got the upgrade on the software, it would crash and it wouldn't work as it had before, so we had to downgrade to the previous version. Once we started using that there was no problem.

Due to sanctions, we haven't used the technical support of the original company so the maintenance and everything is done by us.

We were using a different solution, a Microsoft solution. We were looking for a more affordable solution which would suit our needs.

The initial setup was difficult the first time. It was a little bit complicated, but after it was done, we've been using it just fine and there's no problem with the use. It was the first time we were using a firewall, the initial setup procedure took about one month to define all the zones.

We extend the license yearly and the prices, because of the sanctions, are expensive and costs much more compared to other solutions. It's pricey compared to other locations where there are representatives and you can buy directly from them.

What other advice do I have?

At the moment the solution satisfies our needs. There are no extra features that we need at the moment.

I would rate this solution 8.5 out of 10 because it seems to satisfy our needs. Everything seems good and works fine.