Juniper vSRX Review

Straightforward implementation but GUI needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution for network authentication, what you use while accessing the network. In general, controlling the traffic going inside the enterprise and off it.

What is most valuable?

I find the VPN and the cluster the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

The syndication or domain controllers, quick policies, and user rules - like being able to see the IP source and destination could be improved. This feature already exists in Palo Alto.

They really need to improve the GUI.

I've been using the solution for seven years.

The stability is getting better. It has got some bugs.

The scalability is good. It's very flexible, but the problem is the GUI is not very easy to use.

They have good technical support but we very rarely use technical support. We go through vendors.

We previously used Cisco.

The initial setup was very straightforward. There was no problem. The initial deployment took about one hour. One person is enough for deployment and maintenance.

I implemented the solution myself.

What other advice do I have?

In Saudi Arabia, Juniper has a problem with marketing. They're less well known. A lot of companies are changing or going with Palo Alto.

With the GUI, the firewall is not easy to use. It doesn't cover all the features. Juniper should enhance the GUI, and make it easier to use. Both the firewall and virtual security are hard to use. It's not easy to configure it and not friendly to users.

I would advise for those thinking about using the product, to make sure they learn as much as possible, and also look to use a redundancy.

I would rate this solution seven out of 10.