KVM Review

A solution with an easy initial setup that's scalable and stable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it to write the payroll solution fort Windows Server 2012 and 2018.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very light when you are putting your Operating System on it. You forget that there's a virtual layer on your solution. You are using it as if it was a whole computer. It's like having an entire computer that you've launched and have running with the Operating System that you need to work with.

What needs improvement?

The solution should be more user friendly despite that some interesting graphical solutions are available to manage the VMs. it would be usefull that the solution integrate the VM snapshot features and make it graphical, so we have a VM infrastructure more complete and easy the backup/restore in case of issue.

I've been using the solution since 2014.

The solution is very stable. It's been stable since I started using it in 2014.

Scaling the solution is easy. You just have to add more hardware.

I've never needed to contact technical support. To me, that's a sign of a good solution.

The initial setup is easy. There is a lot of documentation online, so if there is a problem the online information will help you.

Deployment only took one hour.

I handled the implementation myself.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the on-premises deployment model. We're using the community version of the solution.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.