LoadRunner Review

HP LoadRunner is a powerful tool for performance testing. It supports lots of protocols and is intuitive.

Valuable Features

Language Support
Analysis
Monitoring

Improvements to My Organization

It expedites the process of creating test scripts

Room for Improvement

Network monitoring

Use of Solution

5 years

Excellent

Good.

Little complex

Other Solutions Considered

JMeter

3 Comments
Don IngersonConsultantELITE SQUADTOP 5

Hello. I have worked as an automated functional tester for several years. If a person wanted to learn LoadRunner by on the job training from a LoadRunner colleague, how long do you think it would take to reach mid-level proficiency?

04 January 16
Performance Test Analyst at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employeesReal UserTOP 5

Hi Don,

I was also an automation engineer when I started my career ten years ago. I switched from Automation to Performance, 7 years back. I reached mid-level proficiency after an year by working on various projects and rigorous self-study as well as blogging at QAInsights.com. We need to start with networking basics, performance basics, and tool. I started with LR and JMeter concurrently to learn the various aspects of recording, architecture, and scripting.

You can contact me if you need any help on training or consultation.

Thanks!

04 January 16
Don IngersonConsultantELITE SQUADTOP 5

Thank you for the useful information about LoadRunner. I am in the process of writing my first LoadRunner script. I did notice that while recording it generates a ton of code. Thanks again for your helpful comment.

06 January 16