LogPoint Review

Stable, with good reporting and technical support

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the ones that we use the most, which are the search and report facilities.

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement on both our side and on the side of LogPoint.

We could improve on what we decided to put into LogPoint for it to work on and LogPoint Is improving with its addition of the MITRE ATT&CK framework.

I know that they have user behavior analytics, but it's an extra cost for this feature. It would be nice if it was in with the standard products.

If there were one price that you paid and that included all of the features, instead of having to pay a bit more to get advanced features. It would make things simpler when you purchase.

I have been using LogPoint for approximately six years.

We're currently migrating from version 6.6 to 6.9.

It's a stable solution.

It's a scalable solution. We can add more LogPoint boxes, repositories, and sources.

We have 20 or 30 people who are using the information from it, in our organization.

Technical support is very good.

We used to use LogRhythm.

We made a significant investment in LogRhythm, and it didn't cope with the size of our estate, so we decided to go elsewhere.

The initial setup was quite straightforward.

It took us a couple of weeks to set up all of the log sources and to configure them.

To maintain this solution it's one person and half their time to work on it.

The implementation was very good from our point of view, but we had one of the top people come out and install it with us.

I think we were the first local authority and the council in the country to touch the LogPoint.

They came out and made sure that it was installed properly and that it worked properly with us, which I'm not sure everybody would get.

It's getting more expensive, which is one of the reasons we're looking around just to see if there's anything better value. It's still good, but it's I think it's becoming more expensive.

We are looking to see what else may be available. There might be something better that we are not aware of yet.

What other advice do I have?

I would say that it's a good product. It's very stable, and the support is very good. We use it a lot.

As I say, I'm looking to see whether or not it's still the product that we should be using or whether there's something out there now.

I would rate LogPoint an eight out of ten.

6.6
More LogPoint reviews from users
...who compared it with IBM QRadar
Learn what your peers think about LogPoint. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.