Longview CPM Review

The system is pretty stable but it should have an added application for databases.

What is most valuable?

Longview for Excel is of utmost importance.

How has it helped my organization?

Well certainly this product has helped many finance users in the organization as this product enables them to see the numbers for any cost center and business unit and also get a consolidated view of group level numbers.

What needs improvement?

It should definitely have an added application for databases. Why I am saying this is because I was a hard core user of Hyperion application at one point in time and I have worked as an administrator on it. So if you compare it with Oracle then Longview isn't that user friendly.

I've use it for two and a half years.

I was part of the administration team and also joined the organisation much later when it was already implemented.

The system is pretty stable, but since it's technology, you cannot completely run away from issues. At the same point in time the issues were manageable, and we never came across a situation wherein we completely shut down the application from users interface.

Not really.

6/10.

8/10.

I am an employee with the organization, prior to this I was working with WNS as a Hyperion system administrator. I shifted due to personal reasons but not due to the system.

No idea about this, but we do have license costs involved.

What other advice do I have?

In a country like India, which is one of the most emerging markets and there's a huge scope and demand for new systems, tools and BI applications and when companies like Oracle and SAP are coming with newly innovated Financial Management tools which are very expensive and can be used only by bigger organizations who can afford it. I would think India can be a successful market for Longview as they can provide their services to SMEs.