Mailigen Review

It takes getting used to, but the support teams are good and fast.

What is most valuable?

• Full customization of every detail of the HTML template
  • Easy reporting for our marketing department

How has it helped my organization?

We were able to send, to our potential clients, a mail proposal and follow who is clicking and reading what in order to prepare additional customized and adjusted offers according to their interest. It also helped us identify which email addresses in our database were outdated.

What needs improvement?

We tried using IT as a survey tool, but at that time the feature was new and did not offer as much functionality as for example Google spreadsheets.

I've used it over three years.

No issues encountered.

It's been flawless.

Once we added a huge database of clients and potential clients and our pricing plan was a bit costly. Their support team then came up with an individual offer and recommended a plan switch. We have been satisfied ever since.

I have contacted them a few times and they got back to me in an hour. Since they have introduced the chat feature it now takes no more than 15 minutes to get the answer.

It goes hand in hand with the customer service; good and fast.

I was using Mailchimp. I switched because Mailchimp did not allow full control of our mailing template and Mailigen was cheaper to maintain for our client basis.

It takes getting used to, but there are several videos that guide you through it all.

We implemented it ourselves.

We paid US$60 for 5,000 e-mails, and when we run out of credits we just buy more.

• Madmimi
  • Mailchimp
  • Other private webmail solutions

What other advice do I have?

Mailigen offers a lot of webinars and videos not only about e-mail marketing but tendencies in e-commerce in general. Get acquainted with the best principles of building an email newsletter and then start building your own.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I know the developers personally because of conferences and webinars.