McAfee MVISION Endpoint Detection and Response Review

Resource-heavy, slow processing time, and bad technical support

What is our primary use case?

I have upgraded to EDR for endpoint protection.

What is most valuable?

Feature-wise, this product is similar to other EDRs.

What needs improvement?

The main drawbacks are resources and processing time, as it consumes a lot of CPU and RAM.

The alert system should be improved.

Technical support is in need of improvement.

The dashboard should be improved because it needs a fresh look.

Improvement in the centralized policy enforcement is needed.

I have been using this product for three years.

This is a stable product.

The scalability is okay, although not much more than that.

This is the worst technical support. Without OEM support, you can't handle this product. OEM support is mandatory, yet sometimes, they are not capable of installing and implementing the product properly.

I was using McAfee DLP for Endpoint protection, but it is not very strong. This is why I have upgraded to the EDR solution.

We did not have any issues with configuration. However, in terms of implementation, we had a lot of issues. There is complexity in policy aggregation. When you upgrade the client, there is a challenge in policy enforcement.

Initially, it will take about one month to deploy.

The cost is okay, compared to other products.

We have been looking at replacing McAfee with Trend Micro, but to change our setup is a big task. It is very complex and we need a plan, so are just upgrading instead of changing at this time.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody looking into implementing this product is to first look into who will be providing the support. If they do not have good capabilities and the support is not very strong, then do not choose this option.

I would rate this solution a three out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about McAfee, CrowdStrike, Microsoft and others in Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR). Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.