McAfee MVISION Endpoint Review

Centralized management, integrates well, and the technical support is good

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller and McAfee is one of the security solutions that we implement for our customers.

How has it helped my organization?

The cloud-based security and data protection features are essential for the work from home set up, because of the pandemic.

What is most valuable?

Some of the most valuable features of this solution are the ePO, centralized management, single control, and ease of management.

The agents are easy to deploy.

For McAfee, as long as you have ePO it is easy to manage.

It integrates well with other solutions and I like their CASB and the Web Gateway, their cloud security.  Most of our clients are migrating to the cloud and they are evaluating cloud security solutions and data protection.

What needs improvement?

Endpoint resource utilization causes high levels of instability and that is something that needs improvement. Our clients are concerned about how it can affect their endpoints and do not want the CPU overburdened.

I have been working with this solution for four years.

The stability is good.

This is a scalable solution. Most of our clients are enterprise-level companies with 10,000 users.

My personal experience with technical support is limited, but we have a good working relationship with them. In the four years that we have worked with McAfee, we have found that the people behind this product are easy to talk to. No matter how complex the problem is, they will help you to better understand it.

Overall, I feel that their support is good.

The initial setup is straightforward and it is easy to configure.

The pricing is mid-ranged and quite reasonable compared to other similar products.

Being a reseller, we handle many different endpoint products and have evaluated several of them. When comparing to Symantec, for example, McAfee is better in that they have multiple agents and multiple consoles. We also work with CrowdStrike and Cylance.

Some of our customers prefer McAfee because they started with an on-premises solution, which is a good thing. Not every company is cloud-ready, yet. Some of them have hybrid configurations, where they have on-premises protection as well as cloud-based protection.

Price-wise, McAfee is less expensive than CrowdStrike or Cylance, although not as cheap as Kaspersky or Sophos. I would say that it is reasonable, for the feature set.

What other advice do I have?

We have been working with McAfee for four years and the sales and support have always been good. It is not difficult for us to handle McAfee because they have always worked well with us.

I think that this is a good option for people working from home because it is easy to implement and deploy the agents.

My recommendation for anybody who is implementing this product is to have VPN access set up, adding to the security, especially when working from home.

More McAfee MVISION Endpoint reviews from users