McAfee Network Security Platform Review

Good protection and good network overview with great stability

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution as a level of security for our organization. It can show us what's happening on our network so that we are able to monitor events effectively. We end up having to deal with many events and this helps us detect where a virus or malware is coming from. It helps buy us time so we can fight off the attack.

What is most valuable?

Overall the solution is very good. It offers great protection and gives us a good overview of what is on the network.

What needs improvement?

We would like to have a similar version that offers a bit less complexity. Currently, the settings and confirmations on the McAfee console are complex and complicated for our branches. I wouldn't describe this solution as easy to use.

The management console needs to be less complex and easier to navigate.

We've been using the solution for less than a year at this point. It's been about six months.

Overall, the solution is quite stable. That said, newer versions often cause the network to move quite slowly. However, it's stable. We don't find there to be bugs or glitches. It doesn't freeze. It's pretty reliable.

The solution can scale. We have about 500 users on the solution currently. It's a pretty big number, and we're able to manage everything quite well.

We do plan to continue to use this product into the future.

We've used technical support in the past and have found them to be quite good. They're better than other competitors. They're knowledgeable and responsive. I've been satisfied with their support so far.

The initial setup was not straightforward. It was a bit complex in our case.

I can't recall how long deployment took for us.

I handled the implementation myself. I didn't use an integrator or reseller to assist in the process. I was able to do it independently.

There aren't any licensing costs associated with this solution.

Although we're not currently planning on switching, if we had to, we'd probably switch to Cyber Protection. Their support is very good.

What other advice do I have?

Our company does not have a business relationship with McAfee. We're just customers at this time.

We are using the latest version of the solution, however, I'm not sure of what the version number is.

I'd recommend this solution to other organizations. It's worked well for us and we've been quite happy with it.

On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate it at a nine. It's quite effective.

More McAfee Network Security Platform reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Sourcefire SNORT
Learn what your peers think about McAfee Network Security Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.