Melissa Data Quality Review

The ability to identify valid and better formatted data improves our database

What is our primary use case?

We use:

• Contact Verify to cleanse customer data such as first and last name, address, email, and phone number.
  • MatchUp to verify existence of people within our source data using three key attributes.

How has it helped my organization?

identify valid, and better formatted, data which improves the data we store in our database

What is most valuable?

Both Contact Verify and MatchUp are valuable to us. Without cleaning the data and matching existing data, it would be challenging to accomplish our clients' requirements.

Contact Verify is very simple to use and performs very fast.

What needs improvement?

MatchUp is a more complex product and I recommend a test area before upgrading to production. Performance can change from version to version.

More than five years.

Sometimes you need to reboot the server to apply patches. No product is completely error-free after upgrading.

MatchUp seems to be single threaded, and limits the amount of data that can be processed automatically.

Support is very good and they spend the time you need to understand the tool to accomplish your goals. Escalation to level 2 or 3 if necessary.

Very straightforward, point and click.

What other advice do I have?

Spend time learning how it works. Perform testing to understand the return codes.