Melissa Data Quality Review

We use an API to access the data; it is easy to use, accurate, and fast

What is our primary use case?

We use Melissa Data Web Service during our freight bill entry process. We check Melissa Data to determine if a ship-to address is a residential address. If so, we add a residential delivery charge to the invoice.

How has it helped my organization?

Previously, we had to rely on the driver of the delivery to mark a shipment as residential. If they forgot or were not sure, the delivery would not be marked and we would potentially lose revenue from the residential delivery.

What is most valuable?

We use a Melissa API to access the data, so it easy to use, accurate, and fast.

What needs improvement?

There are some companies out there using Google or other sources to check/confirm if addresses are residential. If Melissa is not doing this, that could be an improvement.

No stability issues.

No scalability issues.

Tech support is fine.

We did not previously use a different product.

Straightforward. Melissa provided instructions on how to use the APIs, login information; it was very easy to set up.

Understand how may transactions you will be processing so that you can get the right tier pricing.

What other advice do I have?

Follow normal IT processes to design what you need; build, test, and implement.