Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional Review

It gives me more flexibility into writing my own code.

Valuable Features

• The custom scripting that it allows me to carry out sections and find my own variables in LoadRunner.
  • I can use True Client, which is also an HP product, but LoadRunner gives me more flexibility in writing my own code.

Improvements to My Organization

We use LoadRunner to script our applications and then run those as synthetic monitoring from BPM. So the BPM are not only proactive if any of our solutions or if any of our applications are down, but also gives us features like the screen capture editor, such as what are we seeing on the webpage while we are seeing on the application. So that kind of synthetic monitoring. We have three data centers, and we have BPM all through the data centers, and isolating and troubleshooting through a data center is helpful with BPM, and LoadRunner is indirectly helping with that.

The stability is good.

We don't use it for performance testing so scalability is artificial for LoadRunner for us.

I don't remember the last time we reached out to tech support.

Other Advice

I'm really happy with what they’re giving me for what I do, but because I don't do performance monitoring or performance testing using LoadRunner, I'm not completely aware of everything else, but for what I do it's a great tool for me.

Do a POC with your own environment and don't rely on the list of capabilities that a solution just gives you doing a demo in your environment. That's what is the key thing for you to decide on what is the solution that you want.

More Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional reviews from users
...who compared it with Apache JMeter
Learn what your peers think about Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.