Micro Focus Real User Monitor Review
Good at getting real user transactions from a real user monitor and then tying it to a dashboard. The Java dashboard can sometimes​ be really slow depending on the machine you are using.

Valuable Features

We use RUM and BSM and so far it has been really good at getting real user transactions from a real user monitor and then tying it to a BSM single view dashboard, where we get the whole realistic picture.

Room for Improvement

They're moving to a new solution called AppPulse, which I just selected. So AppPulse will not just only have the real user monitoring and the synthetic monitoring, they also have a new thing called trace. I have used comparable products to the Trace function.

Recently we have been facing some stability issues. The Java dashboard can sometimes be really slow depending on the machine you are using. Sometimes it's difficult to look at the dashboards, but I have heard they are moving away from Java with the future iterations. That's what I heard in the conference, that they are moving to HTML 5 which will be much faster.

It's very scalable.

We have been experiencing issues with the Java based things. So recently I have been working on a couple of the cases with tech support. So far they have been helpful, but they could be better.

Other Solutions Considered

We're also using Dynatrace, and there were other solutions in the past that I used which were from CA. They performed a same similar kind of trace work that HPE is coming up with. I'm really hoping HPE's trace is more scalable and more reliable than other products. So I'm really hoping they'll come up with something new compared to the competitors.

Other Advice

It could be better and I'm hoping that is what will happen with future release they are talking about.

Do a POC with your own environment and don't rely on the list of capabilities that a solution gives you doing a demo in your environment.