• Service Test is easy to use as it has a rich toolbox with numerous activities that a developer just needs to drag and configure its properties.
• Using latest versions such as Service Test 11, you handle data more flexibly by linking a variety of data sources or storing the data locally while a test is available for these.
• Service Test offer a platform for multiple technologies; REST, Java, .NET, and more thus providing an extensible framework for development of function test systems.
Room for Improvement:
• Functional and performance tests used by Service test uses different protocol which posses a great challenge in implementation of headless system requiring a scalable test.
• Service Test technology is primarily meant to test applications without user interface therefore falling short of helping in the test of UI applications unlike QTP.
Service Test is user friendly and requires QTP developers a relatively minimal learning curve to catch up with any changes in features that may get introduced by newer versions. This is a great asset as it allows quick end-to-end tests to be carried on applications. I personally find great comfort while using its drag and drop interface as well as the ability to control the flow of the test by programming the program code at any point of the test.