Micro Focus UFT Developer Review

Good object repository and identification, but they need more integration with different cloud-based tools

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution with one of the software applications that we have in our company, where we are trying to automate the different scenarios or workflows that we have.

I would also like to see cloud-Ops.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the object repository. The objects get identified using the tool or where the different properties of the objects are being captured.

Also, object identification is something that really fascinates me about UFT.

What needs improvement?

As I have only been using this solution for a few weeks, I am really not in a position to say what needs improvement. I need to use it more where I can explore all the available features. If I am not able to perform any operation, then I will be in a position to answer this area of improvement better.

In the next release, I would like to see integration with different cloud-based tools such as Azure. Microsoft already supports the internet.

I have been using MicroFocus UFT Developer for a few weeks.

We use version 15.20 or 1A.

It's a stable product.

This solution is scalable. At this time we have one user in our organization.

We are looking forward to using this solution in the future. We use the trial version and the team is considering the paid version. We have to see how it goes.

I have not contacted technical support. I have not needed to, there have been no issues.

Previously, we explored a few other solutions. One was TesComplete from SmartBear, and the other was Katalon Studio.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was easy.

The configuration that I have on the machine is the latest one. I haven't faced any issues.

It didn't take long to deploy.

I am not aware of the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

With the experience that I have, I think that it's very good, and I would recommend this solution to others.

Again, with the knowledge that I have in the few weeks that I have been using it, I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

15.20
More Micro Focus UFT Developer reviews from users
...who compared it with Selenium HQ
Learn what your peers think about Micro Focus UFT Developer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.