Micro Focus UFT Developer Review

A solution that is great for automating tasks, is stable and has an easy to learn system

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to enable us to easily automate tasks on several different applications based on different technologies.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of the solution is the number of plugins for object recognition. The predefined libraries allow us to automate tasks.

What needs improvement?

UFT is like a flagship of testing tools, but it's too expensive and people are not using it so much. They should work on their pricing to make themselves more competitive.

The performance can be improved. There are much faster tools now. This solution is a bit older and works with older systems, but it's a bit slower because of this.

They should modernize the product a little bit. The UI looks okay, but it also looks like something that is ten to twenty years old.

I've been using the solution for four or five years.

The stability of the solution is good.

The scalability is good.

Technical support is okay, as long as you pay for it. It's not free.

You don't need a lot of in-depth experience to handle the setup. It's enough if you read some documentation. There are plenty of tutorials to help you if you need it.

I handled the implementation myself.

Pricing depends on which model you choose. The cloud version has a monthly fee, whereas on-prem versions offer yearly or monthly fees. You can also purchase a permanent license. If your license expires, you will still be able to use the solution, but without support.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises version.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

If a company doesn't have people who are skilled in programming, they definitely should go with UFT, as it's simple to use and doesn't require programming knowledge.

UFT Pro is something that is completely new, and has been rewritten from the beginning. They may be trying to compete with Selenium, but Selenium is completely free, unlike this solution.

More Micro Focus UFT Developer reviews from users