Micro Focus UFT Developer Review

Good stability but it is complex to set up and should support module-based testing

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use this solution for the automation of regression testing in SAP.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is stability.

What needs improvement?

This is a script-based tool and the usability needs to be improved.

Easier connectivity and integration with SAP would be helpful.

In the future, I would like to see module-based tests instead of scripting.

I have been working with UFT for about one year.

The stability is quite good and we haven't had any issues.

Scalability is not an issue except that you need to create quite a few scripts. It is not easy to just create new test cases for new solutions. When you have to consider other solutions or applications then it's a bit tricky.

The number of people using the UFT application is quite limited, at perhaps three or four. However, there are a couple of hundred people responsible for performing the tests it creates.

I would rate the technical support as okay, but not better. There are bugs between UFT and HTLM that they have not been able to solve.

The initial setup is complex because of the integrations. A lot of knowledge is required to do the scripting, we did not have it, and it is difficult to find. Our deployment took about two months.

A consultant assisted us with the deployment and we were satisfied with the service.

What other advice do I have?

Ultimately, due to the scripting, integration, and other functionality that is missing, we may switch to another solution in the future.

I would rate this solution a five out of ten.

More Micro Focus UFT Developer reviews from users
...who compared it with Selenium HQ
Learn what your peers think about Micro Focus UFT Developer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.