Microsoft Bhold Forefront Identity Manager [EOL] Review

Valuable Features

• FIM 2010 Portal
  • Group Management
  • DL Management using MS Office through FIM 2010
  • FIM SSPR

Improvements to My Organization

Previously my client used MIIS but now it has been migrated to FIM 2010 SP1. MIIS was only using the Synchrinization Server. Using FIM 2010 other features are available like DL management through the portal, End User FIM Portal, and also FIM SSPR. These provide a good improvement in functions to our organization.

Use of Solution

I have been working on Forefront Identity manager for three and a half years.

No, FIM 2010 SP1 is a good product for all those organization who want identity and access management.

It depends upon the organization, and what type of requirements they have. If they are using sufficient hardware and licenses required, I think it is a perfect product.

I have done many implementations in my past company and did not face any problem with scalability.

7 out of 10.

9 out of 10.

Before set-up, we just need to understand all the processes of installation and the requirements. If we have all the required information and data I don't think it will be a complex set-up.

Implementation Team

Many times we provided this implementation and technical support with the vendor to other clients.

Other Advice

Before implementing this product, please make sure that what you want to implement is covered by FIM 2010, or firstly understand the features of FIM and then look into this.