Microsoft Cloud App Security Review

Easy to use, scales well, and is good for our clients who are transitioning to the cloud

What is our primary use case?

We are a consulting firm and we configure this service for our clients.

Our clients use it for Shadow IT systems and processes. It is used specifically for cloud services, such as services that reside in Microsoft Azure.

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to use, which is what we look for in these types of solutions.

What needs improvement?

This service would be better if it had a separate license, only for this service, that could be used to track usage.

We have been using Microsoft Cloud App Security for the past month.

This is a stable product.

This solution is scalable. You simply buy licenses and access the platform.

Currently, we have five people in the company who are using it. With new clients using our service and other clients moving to the cloud, I want to have a security broker in place so I expect to increase our usage.

I have not contacted technical support yet.

As a cloud-based service, there is no installation.

Our clients normally use the Microsoft E1 licensing, which is renewed yearly. It gives them access to many Microsoft services, and one of them is Microsoft Cloud App Security.

We are currently evaluating other products such as Netskope, to see what it can offer us. We primarily want to see if it is easier for our clients to use. It seems that the integration with the cloud service is much more difficult.

Licensing for this product is not as expensive as Netskope.

What other advice do I have?

This is a pretty good service and I definitely recommend it if you are using Microsoft Azure or Microsoft services.

More Microsoft Cloud App Security reviews from users
...who compared it with Netskope CASB
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Cloud App Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.