MIMIX Review

Data replication to a High Availability system is valuable but replication of files on the IFS system can be improved

What is most valuable?

Data replication to a High Availability system

How has it helped my organization?

We do a "switchover" to our backup system 3 times a year. This lets us know that everything is still OK (or we fix the issue before anyone signs on the system) and that we can run the business on the backup system. In case we have an emergency or a sudden issue on the production system, we can put our point of sale terminals in local mode for 1 hour, switch over to the backup system, verify that all is running OK. Then the POS systems can reconnect, and our users can sign on again and continue working.

What needs improvement?

Replication of the IBM i spooled files and files on the IFS system (Windows-like environment). About 1/2 the time, we have to nudge the system a bit to get the file(s) over.

7 years

No issues.

No issues.

You have to size the system according to the amount of data you need to replicate. If not, your users will feel the slow down in response time.

Customer Service: 9 out of 10Technical Support: 9.8 out of 10

I tested a solution from another vendor at the time (ITERA) while at a previous employer. I found the installation and replication set-up to on the hard side, taking most of a week to do by a specialist from ITERA. I also visited another company in the process of installing MIMIX and setting up the replication. Listing what to replicate took about 1 hour (same with ITERA), software installation took less than one hour and setting up the system and replication took about 2 hours. In all 1/2 day (MIMIX) vs. 1 week (ITERA). I moved to a new company and recommended MIMIX.

MIMIX initial setup is straight forward especially when it is done by an expert from the company selling the software.

Vendor team - 9.9 out of 10

Original setup cost was included in the product quote. It included the product and 5 days of an on-site expert to setup and teach.

What other advice do I have?

No reservation: an enthusiastic "go for it!"