MIMIX Review

​Data replication allows us to achieve the most strict HA requirements

What is most valuable?

Data replication functionality, with which it is very easy to achieve the most strict HA requirements and ensure business continuity. It is a very reliable product.

How has it helped my organization?

Keeping production and backup machines in synch, switching from production to backup within minutes without any data loss.

What needs improvement?

The MQSeries replication part doesn't work smoothly, sometimes requiring more manual activity to ensure synch between live and backup.

Ten years.

Not really, it works without any serious problems.

No, it can be tuned easily.

It is very professional, helpful, and experienced.

No, I used only MIMIX. I have no experience with other replication software.

It could be a very complex task. You have to very much know the nature of the data and system you want to replicate. During the initial phase I requested the help of support. Our replication environment was very complex (i.e. intra replication, automatic switch over procedure, etc.) so the initial setup took at least two weeks. It should be much less in case of a simpler environment.

It isn't a cheap product, but if you need a reliable HA solution and data protection is important to you, then MIMIX is your product, it worth every penny.

In our region, only two similar products were available for business then. I tested and compared them and MIMIX was the winner. Since than I haven't done a similar investigation.

What other advice do I have?

I can recommend it to all shops using iSeries for which data availability is important, and looking for an HA solution. This is a really good product. Easy to use, easy to manage, and easy to configure. You can sleep without fear every night if MIMIX takes care of your data replication.