MongoDB Atlas Review

The integration went well and was lightweight

What is our primary use case?

It is one of the main database back-ends for one of our products in the company.

How has it helped my organization?

• It has a flexible integration with our easy API.
  • It has a good, easy integration with other tools that we use for this product.

What is most valuable?

• Flexibility
  • An easy API
  • Its redundance: We have a cluster of three very solid instances, so its very reliable.
  • The integration went well and was lightweight.

What needs improvement?

During the configuration, we did some migrations where we had to reindex about 70,000 indexes, which took around an hour. They should improve this and optimize the indexing.

We have good impressions of the stability.

We are good as far as the stress that we place on it. This is one part of the product that we are not worried about.

The scalability is good. We use a three instance cluster for this installation, and it works great. Therefore, we haven't had to touch it for awhile, which is good.

Our backups required some configuration.

I did not evaluate the product because I am on the operations side and the design was already done.

What other advice do I have?

Look at what MongoDB can do for you in terms of database back-end persistence. I would recommend to look at this first before you start looking at other solutions.

My company is interested in putting out products that are reliable for our customers, which we can monitor easily. We also want them to be easy to install and deploy, which is why I am happy with this one.

We are running this on an AWS instance.

We use RADIUS, but I don't know if it is integrated with this product. We also use Python on the back-end, which is integrated with MongoDB.

AWS
More MongoDB Atlas reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about MongoDB, Amazon, Microsoft and others in Database as a Service. Updated: January 2021.
455,962 professionals have used our research since 2012.