N-able Remote Monitoring & Management Review

Real-time monitoring platform that is stable with good support

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to monitor the connectivity of our network devices.

What is most valuable?

We like that this solution is in real-time, it gives us real-time monitoring.

If there is an issue with the equipment or there is no connectivity, we receive a notification immediately. From the dashboard, we can see which devices are currently down.

What needs improvement?

After testing, we decided not to proceed with this product. It is very good and has many features, but the cost is very expensive so it is beyond our budget. We decided to use other software.

I would like to see notifications sent with SMS. For example, when we are outside or we are working remotely, we wouldn't need an internet connection to know if there are any failures or disconnections in our systems. We would know by receiving an SMS notification.

We have been using SolarWinds for three months.

The stability is very good.

SolarWinds MSP is scalable.

We have approximately 200 users.

We were satisfied with technical support.

Previously, we were using PRTG network monitoring. Their features are similar to SolarWinds but the cost is less.

It took three months to deploy SolarWinds MSP. The implementation itself was only a week but the testing took three months.

We did not complete the setup with just our team. We had help from a third-party vendor who completed the setup for us.

It's expensive and out of our budget.

Currently, we are testing Cisco Umbrella.

What other advice do I have?

SolarWinds is very good, it's one of the leaders in Gartner Magic Quadrant. The issue is the expense of this product.

We had a team of three to deploy and maintain it during our testing. They are network and system administrators.

While it's expensive, I would definitely recommend this product to others.

More N-able Remote Monitoring & Management reviews from users
...who compared it with Kaseya VSA
Learn what your peers think about N-able Remote Monitoring & Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.