NEC D3 series Review

Stable, performs well, and the technical support is good

What is our primary use case?

We use this storage solution to host our ERP, CRM, file server, databases, and lots of other things.

What is most valuable?

The performance is better than with our previous version.

What needs improvement?

We are not satisfied with the cost of licensing and would like to have a better price to performance ratio. We have had contract-related issues that affect the cost. In the past, we had a break with respect to pricing, but we no longer have a discount.

I have been working with the NEC D3 series for three years.

This is a stable product.

Scalability has not been an issue.

Technical support from NEC is very good.

We have storage solutions from several vendors that include Pure Storage, HPE Nimble, IBM, and Dell EMC.

Our previous NEC was quicker to deploy, but the performance on the new model is better. The physical characteristics are the same between the older and current models.

The initial setup is straightforward and we didn't have any problem with it. It took nearly two months for us to deploy. By comparison, our previous solution was deployed in 15 days.

We have two engineers in charge of maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product. The most important thing for us is the service contract, and spare parts pricing is also important.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about NEC, NetApp, Scale Computing and others in Modular SAN. Updated: April 2021.
476,483 professionals have used our research since 2012.