NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) Review

We needed something faster than NFC, and we now have a 30 second latency, down from 60 seconds. However, we had a few problems implementing the devices due to a lack of training.

What is most valuable?

It uses multiple protocols and has all the implementation protocols that other products do not. We use CIFS.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

It’s too early to know the features exactly, as we get what we need. We do need, however, more training, which NetApp wasn't able to provide.

We have two devices, and have been using them for two weeks so far. We use it for VDI and Citrix. At the moment we are thinking of putting other workloads onto them.

We've had no issues with deploying it.

It's stable and we've had no stability issues.

It scales as we can just plug in more devices.

Customer service is great.

No matter the time of day or night, technical support will always try to help.

We ran VDI on EMC for five years, and it ran out of performance so we had to offload. We then decided to turn to NetApp AFF.

The initial setup was straightforward and easy, but we had a few problems implementing the devices due to a lack of training and the fact that it was a very urgent implementation.

We had great support from NetApp, but we did not do too much training. We have good knowledge of NetApp cDot. It took us a few days to install and configure.

We looked at XtremIO, Dell, Pure Storage, and Nutanix. We already have a NetApp environment, so it met our needs, and it was an urgent decision. There was no option, and we didn’t want to change back to block storage.

More NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) reviews from users