NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) Review

We do not use it for our customers, just to manage our internal CRM proposals. It helps us manage our entire CRM.

Valuable Features

• Speed
  • Performance
  • Low latency

Improvements to My Organization

We do not use it now for our customers, but just to manage our criticla internal CRM proposals. It helps us manage our entire CRM. We had problems with latency in the regular NetApp storage devices (many concurent access attemps for small data) and AFF has improved it.

Room for Improvement

The price needs to come down. Also, it has a learning curve and I needed to learn a lot to do the installation.

We had no problems with deployment.

From what I know, no problem at all with stability.

We have not scaled it yet, but we are thinking about it.

Customer service is perfect every time.

Technical support helps us every time.

We used IBM before, after the contract finished we tested NetApp, and from what I know it filled the hole. It’s excellent. It has flash pool disks on a cluster, and we switched as we got it for a good price. We have a dual strategy with Inter Telecom and normally we get good prices for NetApp products.

I set it up the first time myself. I needed to learn it and read the user guide for it, but it’s easy for technical people.

Other Solutions Considered

We tested many products, but no other flash ones.

Other Advice

I would advise you to make sure that you need flash as it is very specific and regular FAS may work for you. However, if you need flash, this is a good product to get.