NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) Review

Ease of use, stablility, and excellent support have been the prime benefits for us

What is our primary use case?

We use it for data storage.

How has it helped my organization?

We have more storage capacity. Managing it is easier and it's available anytime we want it.

What is most valuable?

• Ease of use
  • Availability

What needs improvement?

Everybody's moving to the cloud. We, as a financial company, are moving to it as well. We need to find out what about the security of the information that we have on it. That's the main thing that they need to talk be talking about. How secure is that information?

Three to five years.

The stability is extremely good. It's very stable. We've been running it for about four years now. We haven't had any hiccup with it so far. Okay, there have been a few here and there, but they have been easy to resolve with the engineers that we have.

The reason we have it is that it's very scalable.

Technical support is excellent. We have an excellent team with NetApp. They help us and they are available anytime that we need them.

We knew we needed to invest in a new solution because everybody is moving forward. We don't want to stand still.

The initial setup was straightforward. They had all the codes with them, they just implemented them on the system and, next thing we knew, it was up and running.

We used a consultant for the deployment. Our experience with them was extremely good. They knew what they were talking about, they made it easy, and didn't take a long time.

The amount of data that's stored is increasing day by day. We are a financial company so we have new customers every day and we need to keep their information safe and secure. It definitely has that return on investment in that we didn't have to invest in something else, outside of what we have now.

There was one other option we looked at but it didn't have the scalability. It also didn't have the support that we needed. The experience that we have with NetApp support is excellent.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely encourage colleagues to go ahead with it. I have had a great experience with it. I would definitely encourage them that this is the way to go.

I rate this product at ten out of ten. It's easy. Once you know your way around it, there is nothing to it. You can do it in a flash.