NetApp HCI Review

Offers the possibility of modular scaling and it is easy to use

What is most valuable?

What I really like about this solution is that it is a global facility and that the technology is provided by HCI. I like the possibility of modular scaling regarding your computer and the integration to continuation alignments.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have more variety, like GPU cards.

I've been using NetApp HCl for about three years.

I haven't experienced any bugs, glitches or crashes, so it is a stable solution.

The scalability is great because it can scale independently. It's the best in its class when it comes to scalability. Our usages vary between 300 and a few thousand users.

When we tested the support system, they offered maximum support. The connection time was fast and they answered all my questions regarding integration to server environments.

The complexity or ease of the initial setup will depend on the specific customer. The deployment shouldn't take longer than about 15 to 30 minutes if everything runs smooth.

All the licenses are included when you buy the program.

We evaluated and looked at other options. It depends on the customer, but we looked at something for our customer who had certain requirements for models and formulas regarding the criteria. The customer asked me to look at the most suitable solution for him.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be to test it and buy it if does what they want it to do. Everybody has to take care of themselves regarding this, and only they can decide if this is the best solution for their use case or not. There is no way that I can say that this will be the answer to all your problems. It would be ridiculous. In my opinion, HCI is a good product, easy to use and scalable.

In the next version, I would like to see bigger GPU types and synchronous mirror between sites including transparent failover because in Germany or Europe it's quite common. Out of ten, my rating will be an eight.