NetApp HCI Review

Easy to set up and configure, and the technical support is good

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution is Virtual Volumes (VVols).

How has it helped my organization?

Since implementing this solution, we have to do less work.

This solution's ability to scale on-demand affects provisioning because it auto-provisions itself.

This solution's ability to scale compute and storage independently makes things easier for us because it does most of the stuff automatically, and we don't really have to touch it all that often.

Using this solution has enabled us to consolidate workloads, resulting in fewer service tickets.

This solution has increased our application performance, although I cannot estimate by how much.

HCI provides efficiencies and mobility similar to that of a public cloud, but I cannot say how it has affected our organization.

I cannot say whether the storage performance in our organization has been affected, although we don't have to worry too much about increasing or decreasing the storage because it does that automatically.

This solution has resulted in the more efficient use of compute resources, although I am unable to provide metrics at this time.

Our maintenance costs have been reduced but I'm not sure what our savings are with respect to this.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the ease of setup.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a better upgrade process, like the one that ONTAP has.

The stability of this solution is good. It's stable, and I haven't had to do much work with it. In addition, I haven't had many NetApp support tickets with it.

The technical support for this solution is good.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward. You just start up the OVA and the vCenter and go from there.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution. It is easy to set up, and you don't have to do much work to get it to do what it needs to do.