NetScaler SD-WAN Review
CIFS optimisation is really good and benefits are realised if using ICA also. Initial configuration can be problematic.

Valuable Features

CIFS optimisation is really good and benefits are realised if using ICA also.

Improvements to My Organization

Using solutions like this reduces the increase on Telco bandwidth - inter site optimisations and using the accelerator software for mobile users can be of great assistance too.

Room for Improvement

The configuration is less than intuitive and it's important that the network is fully mapped out before trailing this.

Use of Solution

I am an integrator so I have configured and used this in 5 companies to date.

Initial configuration can be problematic.

None.

Assuming the network is fully discovered, this scales really well.

Customer Service: Not great - the first line support for this product is pretty much nil.Technical Support: Kind of relating to my comment above - plenty of people will sell you the product but you really need a skilled resource that has done this before - its not a product you want to learn while you are deploying it.

No, but I have done POCs on the Riverbed and Bluecoat appliances before recommending CloudBridge.

If full understanding is held of the network, it is pretty self explanatory if you have a network background.

Implementation Team

I am an integration consultant so I was effectively the implementer that Citrix used (as a 3P).

ROI

One of my clients has capped their Telco costs (so the ROI is really the Telco growth savings).

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Varies from client to client.

Other Advice

Understand your network back to front. Make sure that your firewalls are well documented and that the network appliances in the company are well documented.