NGA ResourceLink Review

Creates user defined screens, which are then reportable

What is most valuable?

The ability to create user defined screens, which are then reportable. This allows us to capture specialised information that wouldn't necessarily be considered core HR data for most organisations.

Also, as a university, the ability to produce our HESA return using the dedicated module is invaluable.

How has it helped my organization?

The ability to create custom menus and tasks, then tie these down to workflows has helped immensely. This allows us to guide users through specific screens and authorisation chains to ensure records are created and updated correctly the first time.

What needs improvement?

Flexibility in terms of customisation does come at the expense of ease of use. It is not the easiest system to manage from a system administrator point of view. Whilst obviously not unmanageable, you will need to develop expertise in teams to manage the back end of the system internally within the organisation.

It has been in use for around seven years.

We host internally and have experienced issues with server stability, but this is an internal issue. The system itself is stable.

Not yet, however licences must be bought in sets of 5000, which means should we go over our employee limit, it will be at considerable cost should we only go over slightly.

Scalability in terms of system functionality has not been an issue for us.

Questionable at best, recently. We have experienced issues with patches and installation of additional modules, which has caused delays on some projects and meant senior managers of the school have had to be involved in escalating issues.

Day to day, however, the support is quite good with online chats and call logging available.

I can't answer this as it is quite before my time in the organisation.

Again, I unfortunately cannot answer.

I'm afraid discussions around the actual pricing and licensing is held at a more senior level and am not party to these discussions.

Again, I unfortunately cannot answer.

What other advice do I have?

Be aware of additional costs for functionality. For example, the interface module for loading data via CSV is an additional cost, as is the pensions module and online time sheets functionality amongst others.

I'd advise being very clear about what you want the system to do and what that will involve in terms of licensing. The systems is adaptable but can require additional licences for that.