Nutanix Acropolis AOS Review

Easy to use, flexible, robust, and includes a free hypervisor

What is our primary use case?

The main reason we decided to implement the Nutanix solution was the ease of use of the environment. More than anything, it's a completely robust software environment. We not only migrated our servers from VMware, but we also moved from vSphere to AHV and Acropolis. The change was incredible in every aspect.

Our team managed to complete this migration in just three days and all of our workloads will start to run amazingly after the migration. It is a robust environment that runs smoothly. For example, our SQL Servers increased their performance dramatically after migration.

How has it helped my organization?

The biggest change we had was the time it took for our IT team to perform all the tasks of administering and automating the environment. Although everything worked before, with Nutanix, things work even better, almost without administration, since it is a software that allows you to analyze down to the last detail. Tasks that were previously performed manually can be automated.

On the other hand, our development team can consume its customized resources from our datacenter without our intervention, and the Acropolis integrations via API with other environments turn the software into a complete and flexible solution.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features that can be found, is the inclusion of a hypervisor for free. This allowed us to direct the investments and the budget towards other types of aspects, generating a lot of added value.

With the cost we saved on hypervisor licenses, we were able to invest in more nodes and blocks for our platform. In this way, our environment is now prepared to grow much more without having to re-invest in hardware. On the other hand, automation managed to redirect the time of IT staff to other projects, thus increasing productivity.

What needs improvement?

There are few areas in which I think this Nutanix product should be improved, but to name a few I can decide that there should be support for more languages natively. This could apply to the main AOS and Prism environment, as well as the help channels that Nutanix offers.

Except for these points, I don't think there is much more to improve.

We have used this solution in our company for three years.

While the customer support is truly incredible, for Spanish speakers it would be appropriate to have support in their native language to further improve problem-solving conditions.

We did a full migration from VMware vSphere and vCenter to AHX and Acropolis.

AHV is free! This is a great feature that should be taken advantage of.

Beforehand, we evaluated using vXRail as a hyper-converged solution, but the cost and usage issues made us opt for Nutanix.

What other advice do I have?

It is a robust solution that also has integrations and a complete suite of solutions for multi-cloud environments.

5.18
More Nutanix Acropolis AOS reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware vSAN
Learn what your peers think about Nutanix Acropolis AOS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.