Nutanix Acropolis AOS Review

Stable, supports multi-cloud integration, quick to deploy, and the support is responsive

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and my role is in pre-sales. Nutanix Acropolis AOS is one of the products that I have experience with, and we propose to customers. It is part of the hyper-converged infrastructure.

Use cases include VDI, critical applications, and containerization.

What is most valuable?

Nutanix has many features.

It supports multi-cloud integration that includes AWS, Google, and Azure.

What needs improvement?

In the future, I would like to see integration with external storage using the fiber channel. As it is now, Nutanix can only integrate with external storage using the SCSI protocol.

We have been selling Nutanix Acropolis AOS for almost four years, since 2016.

This is a stable product.

In Indonesia, Nutanix is used by smaller companies.

Technical support from Nutanix is quite good.

We have experience with similar products from different vendors. This one is similar to the Cisco HyperFlex, but with different hardware. The Nutanix product is cheaper, more popular in Indonesia, and is used by smaller organizations. The customer support for Nutanix is better in terms of responsiveness and problem-solving.

The initial setup is straightforward and it takes about 45 minutes to deploy.

Nutanix is cheaper than Cisco HyperFlex, although it depends on the configuration because Nutanix can also be expensive.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this product is very mature, stable, and easy to use. It is a platform that I can recommend, although it is based on the requirements and needs of the customer.

Nutanix is a popular solution in Indonesia because it can only be used by SMB customers. Ultimately, after I look at the requirements, I decide what technology will best suit the customer.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Nutanix Acropolis AOS reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware vSAN
Learn what your peers think about Nutanix Acropolis AOS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.