Nutanix Acropolis AOS Review

It eliminates the need to have a "storage team" when using virtualization, but it would be nice to be able to converge the network switch required to connect the Nutanix nodes together.

What is most valuable?

The reduced complexity of the overall system is a major plus, especially for smaller IT teams. Nutanix eliminates the need to have a “storage team” when using virtualization.

How has it helped my organization?

Beside the reduction in cost, we have been able to use Virtual Desktops for all our users. The Nutanix Hardware is capable of delivering the performance needed for Virtual desktop deployment.

What needs improvement?

Nutanix has made huge improvements over the past years and the product is very good at the moment. It would be nice to be able to converge the network switch required to connect the Nutanix nodes together. This can then be managed via the Nutanix Admin console.

We were the first in New Zealand to implement the Nutanix converged infrastructure during December 2012.

We have recently scaled up on our infrastructure without any issues. It takes longer to get the kit out of the box and in to the rack than what it takes to set it up.

They have excellent customer service and has a few support contract options available to customers.

We used to use an HP SAN but there is no way SAN’s can compete on performance with Nutanix.

The initial setup was more about migrating between hardware than actually having complexity problems. Almost any systems engineer would be able to understand and administer Nutanix infrastructure in just a few days.
I’m confident that there is no infrastructure on the market now that is as simple to implement and configure as Nutanix.

The initial configuration was done with assistance from Nutanix support. The guys there offer a great service and know the product well. During upgrades and such, we contact support to talk us through the process just because we can and it gives management a safe feeling.

Nutanix is very competitively priced and the reduced cost compared to a traditional SAN, and the increased performance and scalability sits well with the finance department. I suggest you talk to the Nutanix engineers and get a solution that is right for your workload and needs. Licensing is simple and easy to understand.

What other advice do I have?

More Nutanix Acropolis AOS reviews from users